The South Orange Village Center Alliance (SOVCA) is looking for local craftspeople, artisans and vendors to sell their products at our upcoming holiday pop up store, Pop -n Shop.
Pop -n Shop is a temporary retail outlet that will sell finely crafted jewelry, apparel, accessories, art and gift items made by many of our area's finest local artisans and craftspeople. Pop -n Shop will be open from Thursday, December 7th through Sunday, December 10th and again the following week from Thursday, December 14th through Sunday, December 17th, each day from 12 noon - 8 PM. We may add 2 bonus days: Friday, December 22nd and Saturday, December 23rd. The store will be located at 55 South Orange Avenue (the former Blockbuster store between Vose Avenue and Scotland Road).
If you are interested in selling at our store, please send a brief description of the products you wish to sell including prices, pictures and a short bio to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 27th. SOVCA will make the final decisions on which products are sold at Pop -n Shop.
Here are our requirements:
1. Products need to be home-made or otherwise unique; i.e. products that one cannot readily find at a retail store in our area.
2. Merchants should be from Northern New Jersey, with a preference given to those merchants from South Orange, Maplewood and Essex County.
3. In order to sufficiently staff this pop up store, merchants must volunteer at least 4 hours of their time during each of the two weekends the store will be open.
4. Merchants must be able to provide sufficient stock for the 8 days the store will be open.
5. Merchants accepted into the store will pay 20% of their sales which SOVCA will use to cover the cost of operating the store.
6. All sales at the store will take place through SOVCA's in house POS system. Merchants will be responsible for submitting any sales tax collected by us to the State of New Jersey.
7. Merchants should promote the store on social media and through their own personal marketing channels.
8. Merchants must take back any unsold merchandise after the store has closed.
To submit your products for consideration or for more information or inquiries, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 973-763-6899.